I know this is not a summer time dish, but with all of the rain in the north I thought you might need some comfort food. I learned this recipe in a cooking course I took many years back. It’ s definitely a KISS recipe and it tastes great with some nice French bread for dipping…I like the idea of the varied cooking times and temps depending on how much time I have…
- 1 lb. cubed round steak ( get rid of any excess fat)
- 4 peeled potatoes cubed (if in a rush buy a can of peeled baby potatoes)
- 4 carrots roughly sliced (don’t even bother to peel them)
- 8 lg. fresh mushrooms quartered
- 3 med. onions quartered
- 1 – 10 oz. can tomato soup
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcester sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine or water
Mix sauce and pour over all.
2 hr @ 350F
3 hr @ 325F
4 hr @ 300F
5 hr @ 275F
OR Microwave @ 50 power for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.