Not sure how many of you remember this restaurant, which I remember had locations in Detroit and Toronto? It was always the favorite salad to have with their wonderful crepes. You may have had their famous Chantilly Crepe with whipped cream and bananas! Yummy…
Here is the salad recipe…
Almost Magic Pan Orange Almond Salad
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon, dried
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 egg yolks
- Shaking constantly, toast almonds in skillet over low heat until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Wash and dry lettuce.
- Tear into bite size pieces.
- Place with green onions and mandarin oranges in large salad bowl.
- Dressing: Combine all ingredients but egg and vinegar.
- Add in thin stream and process till well blended.
- Serves 6.
- MAKES: 1 cup dressing.
- Just before serving, toss well.
- Leftover dressing keeps up to 1 week in fridge.