BBQ Shrimp with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- 2 lb raw jumbo shrimp , (about 18) peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp grated lime rind
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp Asian hot chili sauce (I use Sambal Oelek chili paste which is in the Oriental section at Super Centre or Saveway in Canada)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce: In saucepan, bring vinegar, sugar, 2 tbsp (25 mL) water, lime rind and juice, hot sauce and garlic to boil over medium-high heat. Whisk cornstarch with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water; whisk into pan and boil until thickened, about 1 minute. Set aside. (Make-ahead: Let cool; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days.) Stir in coriander.
In large bowl, toss shrimp with oil and half of the sauce; let stand for 10 minutes. Place shrimp on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until pink, about 6 minutes. Serve hot with remaining sauce for dipping. Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2006; Get
Posted on December 3, 2011, in Appetizers, BBQ, KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid, Shrimp and tagged Asian chili paste, BBQ, Canadian Living Magazine, Kraft Foods, lime, rice wine vinegar, sambal oelek, shrimp. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.