I know I just posted that chicken recipe, but with this being Easter, it brought back memories of this great dish that Gloria made as a side to the ham. The recipe came from an old magazine called “Taste of Home”. You can vary the fruits. I sometimes have used apricots in place of the pears. And then sometimes I leave out the cherries entirely. Choose your favorite fruits. Why not add some fresh figs?
Curried Fruit Sauce for Ham
- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- Yield: 20 Servings
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained I substituted fresh mango!
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and chopped
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced pears, drained and chopped
- 12 maraschino cherries, halved
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the brown sugar, curry powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. In a lightly greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the fruit; mix well. Pour sauce over the mixed fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 5 cups.