Scallops in Herb Butter Sauce
Scallops In Herb Butter Sauce
BY JENNIFER MCLAGAN
LCBO Food and Drink Magazine EARLY SUMMER 2007
Scallops have a voluptuous texture, especially when served in a sauce enriched with butter and cream. If you have them serve scallops in individual gratin dishes. If you would like to use these scallops over fresh pasta as a main course, then I would suggest doubling the sauce as it was awesome!
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp (15 mL) plus ¼ cup (50 mL) unsalted butter
1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
½ cup (125 mL) white wine
1 tbsp (15 mL) whipping cream or Media Crema (in Mexico)
¼ cup (50 mL) chopped chives
3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped parsley
1 tsp (5 mL) thyme leaves, chopped
NB – if you have some great Herbs de Provence, use them in place of the chives, parsley and thyme.
1. Preheat the oven to 300ºF (150ºC).
2. Place the gratin dishes in the oven.
3. Pat dry the scallops and season with salt and pepper. In a large frying pan heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of butter and the oil over high heat. Add the scallops and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the scallops and cook for another 2 minutes or until opaque in the centre. Transfer the scallops into the gratin dishes and keep warm in the oven.
4. Add the white wine to pan and bring to a boil, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Continue to boil until the wine is reduced by half. Cut the remaining butter into cubes.
5. Whisk the whipping cream into the reduced wine and then gradually whisk in the butter. Add all the chopped herbs, stir to mix and then check the seasoning. Spoon the sauce over the scallops and serve immediately.
For even more delicious recipes, drinks and wines, visit the LCBO Website – http://www.lcbo.com
Posted on June 15, 2012, in Appetizers, Pasta, Seafood and tagged angel hair pasta, herb butter, Herbs de Provence, LCBO, Media Crema, Scallops, whipping, white wine. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.