You are so fortunate if you live in a place where there is lots of fresh fall produce, like squash, parsnips and turnips. While we were visiting our friend in Waterloo, we had this great squash. She used a different type of squash, but the results were excellent. If you are a squash fan, you’ll love this one. Someday soon, I am going to try roasting carrots, peppers, baby squash and onions in the same seasonings, using a foil bag. I will let you know how those turn out.
BBQ Butternut Squash
1. In a small ball or a pestal and mortar, put the ground cumin, the salt, the pepper. Crush 2-3 cloves of garlic and press with a knife to a mush, add to the mix.
2. Add in juice of a 1/2 lemon and then the oil. Mix.
3. Cut your butternut squash into wedges, leaving the skin on.
4. Score the sides of the squash wedges. Using your hands, rub all the mix onto the pieces of squash cover the enture thing, include the skin. Set in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
5. Heat grill. Grill in direct heat about 4 minutes on each flesh side. Then put on skin side, grill for another 12-14 minutes, or until the squash is tender to the touch. Thoughtout the grilling, keep putting mix on to keep moist.
6. Serve hot. If you have it, put a bit of the Sugar Free Apricot Jam with it.