Just came across this great recipe for Thanksgiving…. turned out perfectly. <y changes as always are in RED
Roast Turkey Breast with Potatoes, Green Beans, and Mustard Pan Sauce
6 servings PREP: 25 minutes TOTAL: 2 hours Recipe by The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 4 tablespoons honey mustard, divided (I used grainy mustard)
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, divided (I used dried rosemary)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 2 1/4-pound boneless turkey breast, net removed (I used a skinless one from Costco)
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, halved
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks (white and pale green parts only; about 2 large) (substitute carrots, small onions and baby squash)
- 2 8-ounce packages trimmed French green beans (haricot verts)
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- TEST KITCHEN TIPS
The Bon Appetit Test Kitchen used a whole small turkey breast when testing this recipe. If you plan on cooking a turkey breast half, then shorten your cooking time.
- To ensure the best results, make sure your oven is calibrated to the correct temperature.
- After 30 minutes, check the potatoes and leeks for doneness. After 35 to 45 minutes, check the turkey temperature with an instant-read thermometer. It should register 165°F when it’s done.
- If you don’t like the tarragon, thyme or rosemary would suit this recipe just as nicely. Just be sure to use a smaller amount—about 1 tablespoon—as these herbs can be overpowering.
NOTE: I did the turkey in one covered Corelle baking dish and the vegetables in another…on the same shelf in our gas oven. I did put te green beans in with the turkey as indicated.
- Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 375°F. Coat 2 heavy large rimmed baking sheets with nonstick spray. Whisk 2 tablespoons mustard, 2 tablespoons tarragon or rosemary, and 1 tablespoon oil in small bowl. Place turkey breast, skin side up, on 1 prepared baking sheet; sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. Spread mustard mixture over skin. Roast turkey in bottom third of oven 45 minutes.
- While turkey roasts, toss potatoes, sliced leeks, 1 tablespoon tarragon or rosemary, and 1 tablespoon oil in large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; spread out on second baking sheet.
- After turkey has roasted 45 minutes, place potatoes in top third of oven. Roast along with turkey until potatoes are tender, stirring potatoes occasionally, about 45 minutes. Remove potatoes from oven.
- Toss beans with 1 tablespoon tarragon and 1/2 tablespoon oil in large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread beans around turkey; pour broth over beans. Continue roasting until thermometer inserted into thickest part of turkey registers 165°F and beans are crisp-tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Rewarm potatoes in oven 5 minutes.
- Place potatoes and beans on platter. Slice turkey; place on same platter. Whisk 2 tablespoons mustard into turkey juices on sheet; season with salt and pepper. Spoon some juices over turkey; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon tarragon. Pass remaining juice.
2 thoughts on “Roast Turkey Breast with Potatoes, Green Beans and Mustard Sauce”
looking forward to trying this at Thanksgiving, Reg. Many thanks!
Your recipe sounds perfect for two people with meat left over for sandwiches. The mustard sauce sounds terrific.