Ah, too many vegetables and not enough time to eat them all before we go on a little vacation. Eh voila! Epicurious to the rescue…ok…if you skip the cheese it would be great alone…. I served this with a nice rack of lamb….
Ratatouille on the Run (Epicurious.Com)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large eggplant (unpeeled), diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cactus pads diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 ounces goat cheese or Muenster cheese or a mixture of the two, diced (optional)
Heat oil in heavy large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic; stir 1 minute. Add eggplant, green bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, zucchini and basil. Sauté 5 minutes. Cover and simmer until all vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Uncover pot and simmer until juice thickens, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Mix in vinegar; season to taste with salt and pepper.(Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread ratatouille in 9-inch-diameter pie dish. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired. ( I added the cheese just before serving). Bake until heated through, about 20 minutes.
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Ratatouille-on-the-Run-517#ixzz29wkHJuwF
One thought on “Ratatouille on the Run”
We had ratatouille last night over pasta. I also bake it with eggs and eat with a good loaf of French bread for dipping.