Oops…I bought too many carrots for that last party! I needed to use them up. This is an excellent side dish!!
Carrots with Curry and Cilantro
Makes 4 servings
“I’m only satisfied if my food looks as good as it tastes,” writes Mikal Altomare of Albuquerque, New Mexico. “So when I set out to make something new, I combined carrots with cilantro, curry and apricot preserves for a side dish that is fresh, colorful, sweet and spicy.”
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 pound medium carrots, peeled, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic and curry; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in broth and preserves. Add carrots; cover and simmer until carrots are crisp-tender and coated with sauce, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in cilantro.