This recipe was another I picked up from my daughter. It has always been a favourite because of its simplicity.
what you need
- 2 pork tenderloins cut into 1/2 inch rounds or chicken strips
- 2 tsp sambal oleek (found in the imported foods section of most grocery stores)
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 small onion cut in half horizontally and in strips
- 1 green pepper cut into strips
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 c white wine
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 c sour cream
Stir sambal, ginger, soy, sesame into large bowl. Add pork or chicken. Heat 2 tsp oil. Add half ‘meat’ Cook 2-3 minutes and remove. Cook second half. Heat 1 tsp oil. Add peppers and white onion. Stir 1 – 2 minutes. Add white wine. Return ‘meat’ to pan. Boil, then simmer 3 minutes. Stir in sour cream and some green onions. Serve over rice or noodles.