How to get friends and family to eat asparagus….. we served these last night and they were INCREDIBLE! Our friend who never touches the stuff had seconds. I would serve this again as a side dish, as well as a great appetizer for a buffet…..
Check out the source of this recipe http://www.closetcooking.com/2013/05/crispy-baked-asparagus-fries.html
If you subscribe to the site you will receive an eBook of other recipes he has come across…
Crispy Baked Asparagus Fries
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 2+
Asparagus coated in panko bread crumbs and Parmesan and baked until golden brown and crispy.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Dredge the asparagus in the flour, dip in the egg and then into a mixture of the panko, parmesan, salt and pepper.
2. Place the asparagus in a single layer on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, about 7-13 minutes. If you don’t have a baking rack, use parchment paper.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 312, Fat 8g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 172mg, Sodium 174mg, Carbs 44g (Fiber 6g, Sugars 5g), Protein 19g