How to get friends and family to eat asparagus….. we served these last night and they were INCREDIBLE! Our friend who never touches the stuff had seconds. I would serve this again as a side dish, as well as a great appetizer for a buffet…..
Check out the source of this recipe http://www.closetcooking.com/2013/05/crispy-baked-asparagus-fries.html
If you subscribe to the site you will receive an eBook of other recipes he has come across…
Crispy Baked Asparagus Fries
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 2+
Asparagus coated in panko bread crumbs and Parmesan and baked until golden brown and crispy.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Dredge the asparagus in the flour, dip in the egg and then into a mixture of the panko, parmesan, salt and pepper.
2. Place the asparagus in a single layer on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, about 7-13 minutes. If you don’t have a baking rack, use parchment paper.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 312, Fat 8g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 172mg, Sodium 174mg, Carbs 44g (Fiber 6g, Sugars 5g), Protein 19g
2 thoughts on “Crispy Baked Asparagus Fries”
Oh yummy, we love asparagus and I know would enjoy these crispy bites. The would definitely tempt someone that doesn’t like asparagus. BTW, you were not showing up in my reader until today…I thought you had stopped blogging.
We first had these last summer when a friend in Canada made them. I DREAMED about them for months afterward….