Keeping with the Thai theme from last week, here is another you might like. Since we buy meatballs in bulk at Costco they are a staple in our freezer. I came across this recipe in Canadian Living.
THAI CURRY MEATBALLS
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
• 2 carrots, grated
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated ginger-root
• 1/2 tbsp (15 mL) mild Thai red curry paste (or more if you like it hotter)
• 1 can (398 ml) coconut milk
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
• 20 prepared meatballs, (frozen)
• 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh coriander/cilantro
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice or lemon juice
In heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry carrots, onion, ginger and curry paste, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
Add coconut milk and salt ; reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
Add meatballs; simmer, stirring often, until hot, 20 minutes. Add peas, coriander and lime juice; heat through.