Glazed Balsamic Chicken
This recipe is quick and tasty…
Glazed Balsamic Chicken (Canadian Living)
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
• 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil (do NOT use olive oil as it heats too quickly)
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) crumbled dried sage or rosemary
• 1 cup (250 mL) chicken stock
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
• 2 tsp (10 mL) liquid honey
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
• In shallow dish or plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken and turn or shake to coat.
• In large nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; fry chicken, turning once, until no longer pink inside, 12 minutes. Remove to plate and keep warm.
• Add remaining oil to pan; cook garlic and sage just until golden, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with any remaining flour; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in stock, vinegar and honey; cook until thickened enough to coat back of spoon.
• Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan, turning to coat; cook until chicken is glazed, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with parsley.