Vegan Watermelon Pizza
Just bring a dessert..don’t you just hate that comment from a hostess? Just kidding, but that was the invite last week where we were meeting up with our dear vegan friend and a few others for cocktails and drinks. What to bring? Uhm…we had a watermelon. We use Pinterest… Do we have any berries and coconut? Do we have peaches or mangoes? This sounds perfect…and it was so good we have made it twice since!!!
Vegan Watermelon Pizza Dessert
• 1 watermelon (we used the round seedless ones)
• 1 peach or mango
• Cherries (about 10) (you could skip these if you don’t have any fresh ones)
• Fresh mint
• Toasted coconut
• 5 strawberries or a combination of berries
• Squeeze of fresh lime juice
• Couple of mint leaves
raspberry sambucca or possible coconut rum?
1. To make the sauce, place the strawberries or mixed berries, a squeeze of lime juice, and some mint into a blender. Puree until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors accordingly.
2. For the watermelon pizza, slice your watermelon in half (not lengthwise!) Cut out 2 1-inch thick “wheels” from the watermelon. Lay the watermelon circles down and cut into pizza slices. Spread desired amount of sauce onto the “pizza.” Arrange your toppings onto the watermelon and serve.
Since we had no peaches, we used some frozen mango slices we had, along with some frozen sliced strawberries. The second time around we used fresh raspberries. Oh yeah…one more thing. The second time around we used a few drops of raspberry sambucca in the sauce….great for an adult party!
Posted on May 25, 2015, in Desserts, KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid, Pinterest, Vegan and tagged cherries, coconut rum, fresh mint, lime juice, mango, mint leaves, peaches, pizza, raspberries, raspberry sambucca, strawberries, toasted coconut, watermelon. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.