Strawberry & Avocado Spinach Salad in Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
A truly summer salad! If you are not into making your own dressings, buy a similar raspberry balsamic one at the store. This salad both looks and tastes great!!
Strawberry and Avocado Spinach Salad in Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes Servings: 2
• 1 (5 ounce) package baby spinach
• 2 cups strawberries, sliced
• 1 avocado, diced
• 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
• 1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
• 1/4 cup raspberry white balsamic vinaigrette (* see below)
1. Assemble salad, toss in dressing and enjoy!
Option: Goat cheese or feta also work well in place of the blue cheese.
Option: I like to throw in some fresh peas when available in spring.
- Raspberry White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes Servings: 1cup
• 1/2 cup raspberries fresh (or thawed frozen)
• 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1 large clove garlic, minced
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Mash the raspberries and mix everything. 2. Pour over your favourite summer salad…
Posted on August 10, 2015, in Salads and tagged avocado, bacon, blue cheese, dijon mustard, extra virgin loive oil, garlic, pecans, raspberries, raspberry white balsamic dressing, spinach, strawberries. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.