Chicken Marsala with Portobellos and Gorgonzola
Ok…there are probably many of you who do not like Gorgonzola or any blue cheese. Its okay to skip this and use another cheese like Parmesan or mozzarella, but you will miss the great flavour of the blue cheese in the sauce…LOL. It is fairly quick and goes well with mashed potatoes and steamed carrots!
Chicken Marsala with Portobellos and Gorgonzola Cheese
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
• 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1/2 pound sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup Marsala wine or sherry or Port wine
• 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided (optional) (try Mozzarella or Parmesan_
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
2. In same skillet, sauté mushrooms in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
3. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by a third. Stir in cream and remaining salt. Return to a boil; cook until slightly thickened.
4. Return chicken to pan; add 1/3 cup cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Posted on October 26, 2015, in Chicken, Main Course and tagged chicken, garlic, Gorgonzola cheese, Marsala, olive oil, parsley, Portobello mushrooms, whipping cream. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.