Too many peppers…no time to roast them. Pinterest to the rescue!
Sautéed Peppers with Wine Vinegar
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
• Coarse salt and ground pepper
• 3 sweet bell peppers (any color), cut into thin slices (actually I used whole baby peppers with the tops cut off- didn’t worry about the seeds)
• 1 hot red chili (optional), sliced
• 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onion softens, 3 minutes. Add bell peppers and chili, if using, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper; add vinegar. Stir to combine, cover, and cook until peppers soften slightly, 3 minutes. Toss with oregano.