If you have not tried kale yet, now may be the time. This super green is packed to the max with nutrition that puts it high on the list of the world’s healthiest foods.
Even spinach cannot come close in comparison to the number of nutrients that kale provides. Including kale in your diet provides nutrients that support healthy skin, hair and bones, as well as healthy digestion and a reduced risk of heart disease.
Other possible health benefits of kale include improving blood glucose control in diabetics, lowering the risk of cancer, lowering blood pressure and lowering the risk of developing asthma.
OK…so you might not like it as a salad ingredient, but it really soars as a cooked side dish!
- • 2 bunches of kale, ripped, washed, and dried
- • 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- • 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- • 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- • 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oil in large saute pan on medium. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant. Turn heat up to medium high and add kale, mixing it with tongs to coat it with olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Saute until kale wilts and turns a deep green, approximately 7 minutes. Season with salt, give another good mix, and serve.