Mojitos by the Pitcher
We first came to like mojitos when our friend Karen made them at her house in Merida. We dubbed her Queen of the Mojitos, While in Cuba we also enjoyed them at Bodeguita del Medio which is where Ernest Hemingway came to love them as we are told. Some historians would have us believe that they date back to the 1600s and Sir Francis Drake coming ashore in Cuba..??? Summertime and the living is easy, right? What better way to enjoy a sunny day by the pool them with a pitcher of mojitos. Another recipe blissfully discovered on Pinterest!
(If you’ve been following this blog for some time you may recall my earlier recipe according to Hemingway),
Mojitos by the Pitcher (Kitchen is My Playground)
Total Time 15 mins Prep 15 mins
Ingredients Servings 10
- 10 limes, fresh pulp and juice
- 30 leaves of fresh mint1/3 cup sugar (originally 3/4)
- 1 cup white rum
- 1 bottle of Sprite 600 ml. (original was Club soda)
- Place lime juice, mint and sugar into a pitcher.
- Using a muddle stick mash to release mint oils, and dissolve sugar into juice.
- Add rum and lots of ice topped with club soda or Sprite. Adding more club soda or Sprite to glasses if a lighter drink is desired. Fill glasses with ice before pouring!
- Garnish with fresh mint and lime slices.