Someone in the house is not a fan of turkey at Thanksgiving, so I scoured Pinterest for this wonderful roast beef recipe, which turned out to be delicious! This is definitely one of those KISS recipes – Keep It Simple Stupid! That someone in the house really enjoyed it…serve some horse radish alongside it! As always, the words in red reflect my changes to the original recipe.
Slow Cooker Rosemary Garlic Crusted Roast Beef
Author: Slow Cooker Gourmet Serves: 6-8
- 2 pound eye of round beef roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 or more stalks fresh rosemary
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic or more
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cans of beef broth
- Rub roast all over with olive oil
- Chop three stalks of rosemary leaves and combine with garlic, sea salt and pepper
- Rub around the outside of the roast to form a crust
- Preheat a skillet to 400 degrees
- Add roast and sear on each side until lightly browned (4-6 minutes)
- Deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar and transfer all contents to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours OR cook on high for about an hour
- Pour one or two cans of broth around the roast and more rosemary stems to taste
- Cook for another 30 minutes and check with a meat thermometer depending on the doneness you like.
- Remove and let rest for 15-30 minutes then slice to serve
2 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Garlic Rosemary Roast Beef”
Hi Reg and Larry-
It was so great to meet you in Mexico City!
Love the recipes.
Hope that you made it back home safely.
Stay in touch.
Great to see you two..free room in Progreso anytime and the pool is heated for winter.