Corn and Black Bean Dip x 2
Bonus day today as I have two similar recipes, one of which originated from our “sister” Jean in Peterborough, Ontario. She served it while we were visiting for her sons wedding in August. It has a great fresh taste when served with tortilla chips.
The second I ran across while waiting for Jeans recipe to arrive. The ingredients are very similar, with the exception of the avocado and the dressing.
- Corn and Black Bean Dip from Jean Johnston
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2cup olive oil
1 tbsp water
1 can lentils
1 can corn
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup each celery, green pepper and green onion
Jar of pimento ( I used red pepper because I didn’t have any pimento)
I added a few fresh spices. Her daughter suggested adding fresh cilantro which makes sense.
Mix all together and soak for at least 3 hours. Drain and serve.
2. Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Dip
Prep time: 15 minutes Yield: 20 servings Serving size: 1/4 cup
- 15 oz can black beans, drained + rinsed
- 15 oz can yellow corn, drained + rinsed
- 2 avocados, cut in half, pitted + cubed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Let me know if you try either of these at your next event…
Posted on October 28, 2016, in Appetizers, Mexican Dishes, Pinterest, Vegan and tagged avocados, bell pepper, black beans, celery, cilantro, corn, cumin, garlic, lentils, lime juice, olive oil, pimiento, red onion, sugar, vinegar. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.