Happy New Year Bloggers! I am going to try something different this year now that so many of you are really setting the bar high with your wonderful blogs. This old dog is not that techie…LOL…but like John Glenn I can take small steps. Hence my New Years resolution to use actual photos of the recipes when I cook them.
I thought the cocktail looked quite nice in the ice cream dishes we got from our friends one Christmas. Here is the recipe –
Traditional Mexican Shrimp Cocktail (food.com)
- 1 (48 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice (spicy if desired)
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, de-veined and steamed or just buy frozen cooked and thaw
- 2 limes, quartered
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
Mix all ingredients in a large nonreactive container.
Chill and serve with limes and Tabasco sauce.
Do not over-cook the shrimp, as they will become tough!
Be careful when steaming the shrimp; you do not want it tough.
AND here is a BONUS..ta dah…if you do not use all of the mixture, put it into a blender and make…GAZPACHO…refrigerate for tomorrows meal!