Easy Shepherd’s Pie
Who does not like shepherd’s pie? There are several variations out there. Sometimes it is called Cottage Pie. This one was a snap! The only tricky part was the roux, melting the butter and adding the flour. Make your life easier and use instant potatoes!
Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb. Ground Beef
- 4 cups Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 12 oz. Frozen Peas and Carrots, thawed (Use a can of mixed peas and carrots)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Cook until browned and drain.
- In another skillet or pan, melt putter and add flour.
- Cook roux for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in Worcestershire and milk.
- Cook for 1 minute to thicken.
- Combine beef mixture, gravy and thawed vegetables.
- Place in baking dish.
- Top with mashed potatoes and place in oven for 20-30 minutes until heated through. In the last few minutes sprinkle the cheese on the potatoes.
Posted on June 5, 2017, in Beef, Brunch, Casseroles, Main Course, Meat and tagged butter, carrots, flour, garlic, ground beef, mashed potatoes, milk, onion, peas, peppers, salt, Worcestershire. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.