Sweet Potato, Onion and Blue Cheese Frittata
I want something different for breakfast on Sunday! What do I have? – sweet potato, red onion and bleu cheese, eggs. Why not? It was a pretty straight forward recipe I found and it turned out well. Mr. L thought it was quite rich with the bleu cheese (secret – I added more than the recipe called for…he was right) Stick to the recipe!
Sweet Potato and Blue Cheese Frittata
2 Red onions, medium
1 Sweet potato, large
6 Eggs, large free-range
1 Nutmeg, whole
3 tbsp Olive oil
100 g Blue cheese crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- Rub the sweet potato with 1 tablespoon of oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and leave to cool.
- Peel and finely slice the onions. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 26cm ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat, add the onion, pop on the lid and cook for 20 minutes, or until soft. Leave to cool.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Crumble in the cheese, then add the onion, and scoops of sweet potato flesh, discarding the skin. Add a good grating of nutmeg, then season.
- Wipe out the pan and coat with 1 tablespoon of oil, then add the egg mixture and fry over a medium heat until the eggs start to settle and cook.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 3 more minutes, then transfer to the oven for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Delicious served with a seasonal salad.
Too vegan for me…LOL…I cooked some bacon….