Too many string beans from Costco AGAIN! What to do? Stir fry of course. Hope you enjoy this recipe with or without the rice…
Shrimp and Green Bean Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound large shrimp-shelled, deveined and cut into 1-inch pieces (I cheated and used a dozen frozen, cooked shrimp – no need to thaw)
- 1/2 pound green beans, thinly sliced 1/4 inch thick on an extreme diagonal
- 1 or 2 sliced radishes (optional) seriously, I have started cooking radishes in my stir fries)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- OPTIONAL RICE
Heat a wok until very hot.
Add the vegetable oil and heat until shimmering.
Add the garlic and stir-fry for 10 seconds.
Add the shrimp and a pinch of salt and stir-fry until the shrimp are just beginning to turn pink, about 30 seconds.
Add the green beans and radishes and 2 tablespoons of the stock and stir-fry until the beans soften slightly, about 3 minutes.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of stock along with the fish sauce and a generous pinch of pepper and stir-fry until the shrimp are cooked through and the beans are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes longer.
Serve right away.