You just can’t have one without the other, as the old song used to say! Oh, that was love and marriage….for those old enough to remember. I had purchased ground pork and ground beef to make Low Carb Crustless Taco Pie. Since I did not use all of the pork I had fresh ground pork to use up. Pinterest again! There was also some leftover chicken breast from the rotisserie chicken I had purchased. Clean out the fridge!!! Today you are getting both recipes…..
Chinese Pork Meatballs
∙ Makes 20 meatballs
- 1 lb. Ground pork
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Five-spice powder
- 2 pinches White pepper, ground
- 3 tbsp Peanut oil
In a large bowl, combine the pork, cornstarch, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, five-spice powder, and pepper, and mix well.
Roll 1 heaping tablespoon of pork mixture into a ball and continue until all the pork mixture is used.
In a wok over medium heat, heat the peanut oil. Using a wok spatula, spread the oil to coat enough of the wok surface to fry about 10 meatballs at a time. Lower the meatballs into the wok in batches.
Cook without moving for about 2 minutes, or until the bottoms are cooked through. Use the spatula to carefully rotate the meatballs to cook on the other sides.
Keep rotating the meatballs gently until cooked through.
For a heavenly dipping sauce, combine equal parts low-sodium soy sauce and honey.
Chinese Fried Rice Serves: 4
- 4 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1 cup frozen peas and diced carrots
- 1 egg, whisked
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 3 green onions, diced
- Add veggies and oil to a large pan or skillet and sauté for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Scoot all of the veggies to one half of the pan. Add egg and allow to cook for 1 minute, then scramble it with a spoon or spatula and stir in with veggies.
- Add rice to pan. Add soy sauce and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes until browned. Sprinkle remaining seasonings over the rice and stir another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in green onions.