Monthly Archives: November 2017
Do NOT be afraid to try these Keto recipes. Yes, they are low in carbs, medium in fat and high in protein BUT they really do taste great! Keto likes things like cream cheese, oil, whipping cream, cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. There are very little pasta or grain foods in Keto, which aids in trying to shed some pounds. Most spices are allowed.
Once you try this recipe you will LOVE it!
Keto Parmesan Garlic Pork Chops
1.5 lb. center cut boneless pork chops
½ medium onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 oz. cream cheese
⅓ cup chicken broth
⅓ cup parmesan cheese
½ cup cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon pepper
salt to taste
Brown pork chops, onion, and garlic cloves in 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet on medium/high (approx. 3-5 minutes each side).
Remove pork chops from skillet.
Add the rest of the ingredients, and cook on medium until sauce thickens. Make sure to use a whisk and stir continuously.
Add pork chops back to sauce mixture and simmer on low for 5 minutes or until done.
Serve with cauliflower rice or broccoli (the latter is a little high in carbs)
Nutritional Information based on MyFitnessPal app (6 servings) – 529 calories,
36.5 g fat, 48.9g protein, 2.7g carbs – .2g fiber = 2.5g Net Carbs
Ok…tired of my Keto recipes. Get ready for Christmas with this festive infused vodka! Makes a perfect hostess gift….do it NOW!
1 16 oz. glass bottles with toppers (mine have corks)
1 bag fresh cranberries (I counted 150 berries…LOL).
2 limes, peeled with as little pith as possible
2 tbsp sugar
Using a knife, pierce each cranberry so the vodka can seep into the berries. (I took each one and pierced it with an icepick using a cutting board underneath). Alternately fill each bottle with the cranberries and the lime peels. When bottle is full of berries, add sugar. Pour vodka into the bottle until full. Allow to sit and mature for 2 weeks to a month. Be sure to shake the bottles every couple of days to help the flavors meld.
Needing a great salad for a change? Both of these dressings are incredible and cheaper than the bottled stuff! Sorry, no photos today…
Keto 5 Minute Caesar Dressing
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons anchovy paste (I substitute equal amount of fish oil when anchovy paste is not available)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about ½ a lemon)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Nutrition per 2 Tablespoon – Calories 140, Fat 15g, Carbs 0.8 Protein0.1g.
Keto Garlic Dressing
Servings 16 (of 2 tbsp)
- 4-6 Cloves garlic
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup olive oil
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper To taste
- (Optional) Fresh herbs (I used parsley)
Making the Keto Garlic Salad Dressing is really simple! – Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until it’s creamy and smooth. You can start with 4 cloves of garlic and add more after you taste the dressing, if you feel like it’s not strong enough.
Nutrition – Calories 123, Fat 13.5g, Carbs 0.5g, Protein 0.1g
Sooo…my spouse bought this Paderno spiralizer a year ago..new toy…lol. We have only used it a handful of times. Since we started our low carb diet we are now using it more. We love lasagna, but low carb means no pasta or breads. Et voila, with Pinterest I discovered this recipe. We have served it to our guests and they loved it too! It tastes wonderful!!! Don’t tell anyone it is low carb… shown here with a green salad with radish sprouts.
Keto Lasagna with Zucchini Noodles Author Vicky | Tasteaholics.com
Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 Calories 544 kcal
- 16 oz. ground beef
- 1 cup Rao’s marinara sauce * (see below)
- 1 zucchini large
- 10 oz. ricotta cheese
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel zucchini into strips and leave out the seedy core. Salt and let sit for 15 minutes and blot with paper towels.
Brown ground beef in pan and add marinara. Season well with salt and pepper.
Layer into a small casserole dish: meat, zucchini, ricotta, meat, zucchini, ricotta, mozzarella.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Broil uncovered for 2-3 minutes to brown the top.
- Rao’s Marinara Sauce (Pinterest recipe)
Makes 7 cups
- Four 28-ounce cans whole tomatoes (I used four cans of Kirkland tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons minced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 leaves fresh basil, torn (optional)
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Remove tomatoes from can and place in a large bowl, reserving juices. Crush tomatoes using your hands; remove and discard the hard core from stem end, and any skin and tough membrane; set aside. OR…just use as is if using Kirkland brand…
- Place oil in a large, nonreactive saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion, and cook until soft and just beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook until softened, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and reserved juices; season with salt. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 hour.
- Stir in basil, if using, oregano, and season with pepper; continue cooking 1 minute more. Remove from heat and serve.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 544 Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41g 63%
- Saturated Fat 18g 90%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 139mg 46%
- Sodium 487mg 20%
- Potassium 530mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrates 6g 2%
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 34g 68%
- * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
New diet equals new foods! Just in at Costco – Cauliflower Rice! Pinterest has recipes for almost everything…shown here with roasted peppers, grilled salmon and avocado salsa. Supposedly all Keto friendly.
Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower “rice” is now widely available in many supermarkets, including Costco Merida. There are many different recipes for using it, but this one is very simple!
5 cups cauliflower rice
3 T butter
3 garlic cloves minced
7 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. EVOV (Extra virgin olive oil OR coconut oil)
In a small saucepan, combine butter and garlic, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes. Don’t let it burn!
In a separate fry pan, skillet or wok add 1 Tbsp. EVOV (Extra Virgin Olive oil OR coconut oil). Medium heat. Stir in the cauliflower rice and continue stirring until it is warmed through.
Pour I the butter mixture and stir to blend.
Top with the shredded Parmesan and mix well. Add chopped parsley! SERVE.
Instead of the butter and cheese, try pesto sauce…OR cilantro and lime…