If you like leeks and also salmon, this recipe is for you. It is pretty straightforward to make. In place of the fresh salmon, I chose to use smoked salmon pieces. The flavour was great…
Creamy Leek & Salmon Soup
Author: Rachael Bryant / Meatified
Prep time 5 mins Cook time 25 mins Total time30 mins
Serves: 4 large servings
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 leeks, washed, trimmed and sliced into crescents
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups seafood OR chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 lb. salmon, in bite size pieces (thawed frozen salmon works really well here) OR smoked pieces
- 1¾ cup coconut milk
- Salt & pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- Heat the avocado oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven at a low-medium heat.
- Add the chopped leeks and garlic and cook until slightly softened.
- Pour in the stock and add the thyme. Simmer for about 15 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the salmon and the coconut milk to the pan. Bring back up to a gentle simmer and cook until the fish is opaque and tender.
Nutrition for 1 serving – Calories 241, Carbs 33 g., Fat 12.8 g., Protein 29.1 g