Creamy Leek and Salmon Soup
If you like leeks and also salmon, this recipe is for you. It is pretty straightforward to make. In place of the fresh salmon, I chose to use smoked salmon pieces. The flavour was great…
Creamy Leek & Salmon Soup
Author: Rachael Bryant / Meatified
Prep time 5 mins Cook time 25 mins Total time30 mins
Serves: 4 large servings
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 leeks, washed, trimmed and sliced into crescents
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups seafood OR chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 lb. salmon, in bite size pieces (thawed frozen salmon works really well here) OR smoked pieces
- 1¾ cup coconut milk
- Salt & pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- Heat the avocado oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven at a low-medium heat.
- Add the chopped leeks and garlic and cook until slightly softened.
- Pour in the stock and add the thyme. Simmer for about 15 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the salmon and the coconut milk to the pan. Bring back up to a gentle simmer and cook until the fish is opaque and tender.
Nutrition for 1 serving – Calories 241, Carbs 33 g., Fat 12.8 g., Protein 29.1 g
Posted on December 5, 2017, in Fish, Keto Diet, Low Carb, Pinterest, Salmon, Soups and tagged avocado oil, chopped parsley, coconut milk, fish or chicken stock, leeks. garlic, pepper, salt, seafood, smoked salmon, thyme. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.