Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
This used to be one of our favorite salads at a local restaurant. This recipe beats theirs! Yeah, there are two halves there!
Shrimp stuffed avocado Author: Layla Pujol
Yield: 8-10 stuffed avocado halves
- 4-5 firm ripe avocados
- 1 lb medium sized cooked shrimp (OR 2 cans of tiny Shrimp uncut)
- ½ medium red onion, diced finely
- 2 radishes, diced finely
- ½ red bell pepper, diced finely
- 2 celery stalks, diced finely
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 5 tbs. mayonnaise
- Lime juice from 1 lime
- Salt/pepper to taste (I like cracked peppercorns)
- Cilantro chopped for garnish
- Chop the cooked shrimp in half, if desired keep a few whole to garnish OR use whole if small)
- Combine diced onions, radishes, bell pepper, celery, eggs, shrimp, ½ of the lime juice and aioli or mayonnaise in a bowl, mix well. Can be kept refrigerated until ready to use.
- Taste and salt/pepper if necessary.
- Cut avocados in half, remove seed and peel carefully.
- Drizzle remaining lime juice over avocados, this help keep them from darkening too quickly.
- Use a spoon to stuff avocados with shrimp salad filling.
- Add any garnishes and serve immediately.
Posted on January 30, 2018, in Brunch, Pinterest, Salads, Seafood, Shrimp and tagged avocado, celery stalks, cilantro, eggs, lime juice, mayonnaise, pepper, radishes, red bell pepper, red onion, salt, shrimp. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.