Maple Thyme Roasted Brussel Sprouts,Carrots and Parsnips
Last of the fall vegetable recipes since they are becoming scarce. These were great! Great with the scalloped potatoes…
Maple Thyme Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, and Parsnips
- 2 cups chopped, peeled parsnips, cut into ½” chunks (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups chopped, peeled carrots, cut into ½ ” chunks (about 3 medium)
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered, depending on size
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the oven racks on the lower and upper thirds of the oven.
- Divide the vegetables between two large rimmed baking sheets in a single layer.
- Place the olive oil, maple syrup, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle half of the mixture over each pan of vegetables and toss well to coat. Place one pan on the upper rack and one on the lower rack, and roast for 15 minutes. Switch the pans from upper to lower and vice versa, and roast 10-15 minutes more or until caramelized and softened.
- Serve and enjoy!
Posted on October 29, 2019, in Main, Pinterest, Side Dishes, Thanksgiving, Vegetables and tagged Brussel sprouts, carrots, EVOO, fresh thyme, maple syrup, parsnips, slat and pepper. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.