I really should make up a Costco Cookbook, since many of the recipes are found because the quantities are so large to use in a short period of time, especially in vegetables! This one was found on Pinterest, since I needed to use up asparagus before it started to spoil. Thanks Pinterest and Costco…Of course, the beauty of this was only one pan to clean!
One Pan Garlic Herb Chicken and Asparagus
- 1-pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3-6 chicken thighs or boneless skinless chicken breasts (breasts pounded to even 1/2 inch thickness – (Mine were already butterflied so no pounding, silly, chicken thighs)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large pan/skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic and herbs and cook another minute or so until the garlic is fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium, add chicken to pan, and cook for 5-7 minutes, then turn over and cook another 5-7 minutes. (Chicken should be nearly, but not completely cooked through by this point)
- Scoot the chicken over the sides and add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to the empty portion of the pan. Once the butter is melted, add asparagus. Season asparagus with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, rotating throughout, for 4-6 minutes until tender and chicken is completely cooked through.
- Serve immediately garnished with freshly cracked black pepper and fresh herbs if desired.
Too many Argentinian chorizos…My best friend, Pinterest, shared this recipe! Fortunately I had some chicken thighs, cherry tomatoes and black olives…
Spanish Chicken and Chorizo Traybake
Spanish Chicken & Chorizo Traybake
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Paleo, Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal, Whole30
- 1 yellow bell pepper deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 1 white onion cut into wedges
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup chopped chorizo
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390F)
- In a large pyrex baking dish add the chopped bell peppers, onions, cherry, chorizo, tomatoes and olive.
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, crushed garlic, paprika, oregano, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour 2/3 of the sauce over the veggies and toss with your hands to ensure everything is well coated. Place the chicken pieces on top of the veggies and brush with the remaining sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, remove from the oven half way through cooking and spoon some of the sauce from the bottom of the dish over the chicken and veggies before returning back to the oven to bake.
- Check the chicken to ensure it’s no longer pink. Sprinkle the veggies with chopped parsley before serving.
I don’t know about you, but chicken pot pie is one of my fall favourites. That creamy chicken and vegetable filling is so warming and comforting.
Although this recipe included a coconut flour crust, I ignored it and it became my Chicken Pot Pie without a crust! The choice is yours…
Keto Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 T. butter
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables
- 1/4 small white onion diced
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp.poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp.rosemary
- pinch of thyme
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese OPTIONAL
- Skip cooking the chicken and buy a ready roasted one! Cut up 2 1/2 cups…
- Saute onion, veggies, garlic cloves, salt and pepper in 2 tablespoons of butter for approx. 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, thyme and rosemary. Simmer (covered) for 5 more minutes.
- Add the diced chicken.
Optional – Stir in 1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese.