Calling all coffee lovers! Found this recipe for a great biscotti cookie for dipping in that morning or evening coffee. Or, just nibbling away whenever…NOT just for Christmas!!
Biscotti with Ginger, Cranberries, Orange, and Cashews
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger
- zest from one orange
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 large eggs or 4 medium
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Mix together flours, sugar, baking powder, cashews, ginger, and cranberries.
- In separate bowl, mix together eggs, orange zest, and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the dough into two flat logs on the parchment paper. It spreads a little, but not much, so make these slightly smaller than the width that you would like your biscotti to be.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let the biscotti cool completely before slicing into ~1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Lay the slices flat on a baking sheet (you can use the same one, with the parchment), and bake for 7-10 minutes, flip each one over, and then continue to bake for an additional 7-10 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
Makes about 24 pieces.
5 thoughts on “Biscotti with Ginger, Orange and Cashews”
Hi Guys, I tried this recipe, I had to add the juice of the orange to get the dough to hold a form. And no oil of any kind? Waiting for them to come out of the oven now.
I’ll let you know how they turned out.
What flours did you use? That could be the problem.
I used all All Purpose, but they came out great! Thanks
Wonderful to know. Since we generally do not use all purpose flour, we substitute 1/4 almond flours. Feliz Navidad!