Calling all coffee lovers! Found this recipe for a great biscotti cookie for dipping in that morning or evening coffee. Or, just nibbling away whenever…NOT just for Christmas!!
Biscotti with Ginger, Cranberries, Orange, and Cashews
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger
- zest from one orange
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 large eggs or 4 medium
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Mix together flours, sugar, baking powder, cashews, ginger, and cranberries.
- In separate bowl, mix together eggs, orange zest, and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the dough into two flat logs on the parchment paper. It spreads a little, but not much, so make these slightly smaller than the width that you would like your biscotti to be.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let the biscotti cool completely before slicing into ~1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Lay the slices flat on a baking sheet (you can use the same one, with the parchment), and bake for 7-10 minutes, flip each one over, and then continue to bake for an additional 7-10 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
Makes about 24 pieces.