Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
Quick and easy dinner using only a skillet, cutting board and a knife! And it looks spectacular too!
Shrimp & Sausage Skillet
- 1/4 cup avocado oil divided
- 1-pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning or Old Bay seasoning
- 12 ounces sausage cut into 1/2-inch slices (I used Argentinian chorizo)
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lb green beans cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red pepper cut into 2-inch slices
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp of the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once shimmering, add the shrimp in a single layer. Cook about 2 minutes, and then flip the shrimp over and sprinkle with the seasoning. Cook another minute or two, until no longer pink, then transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Once shimmering, add the sausage and sauté until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the jalapeño and garlic and sauté until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables and continue to sauté until just tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp back to the pan and warm through before serving.
Posted on December 16, 2019, in Brunch, Cajun, Main Course, Pinterest, Shrimp and tagged avocado oil, chorizo, garlic, green beans, jalapeno, Old Bay seasoning, peeled and deveined shrimp, pepper, red pepper, salt, sausage. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.