Quick and easy dinner using only a skillet, cutting board and a knife! And it looks spectacular too!
Shrimp & Sausage Skillet
- 1/4 cup avocado oil divided
- 1-pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning or Old Bay seasoning
- 12 ounces sausage cut into 1/2-inch slices (I used Argentinian chorizo)
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lb green beans cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red pepper cut into 2-inch slices
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp of the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once shimmering, add the shrimp in a single layer. Cook about 2 minutes, and then flip the shrimp over and sprinkle with the seasoning. Cook another minute or two, until no longer pink, then transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Once shimmering, add the sausage and sauté until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the jalapeño and garlic and sauté until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables and continue to sauté until just tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp back to the pan and warm through before serving.