Have a friend visiting who is Gluten Free and Lactose Intolerant, except for goat cheese! Since we had smoked salmon on hand, Pinterest was the perfect place to look for dinner! It never fails me. This is a great recipe with lots of flavour. Serve it up with a nice green salad. It would also be great for a brunch.
Crustless Quiche with Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8- 10 eggs depending on size
- ¾ cup full-fat milk (or coconut milk)
- 6 ounces wild caught smoked salmon, chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh dill, (divided)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Capers, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF. Grease a 8 x 10 Pyrex baking dish very well with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized heavy bottom pan heat the olive oil over a medium high heat until the oil is shimmering. Add the onion slices and stir to coat the onions with the oil. Spread the onions out evenly over the pan and let cook, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium or medium low if the onions begin to brown too quickly. Don’t stir too often, let them brown. Continue to cook until the onions are caramelized and lightly golden brown. About 15-20 minutes.
- Arrange the onions in a single even layer in the greased sheet pan.
- In a large-bowl beat the eggs. Add the milk and a small amount of each the smoked salmon and goat cheese and all but 1 tablespoon of the fresh dill. Season with black pepper and just a little pinch of sea salt. Combine.
- Pour the mixture over the onions in the prepared sheet pan. Arrange the remaining smoked salmon and goat cheese evenly on top and place in the center of the oven.
- Bake until the eggs are set, about 30 minutes. Check if it needs more time. Let cool 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Serve with the remaining fresh dill as well as capers.
2 thoughts on “Crustless Quiche with Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese”
OOOOOOOO, I think I’m gonna like this one. How was it with the coconut milk?
Was excellent with coconut milk!