Classic Cobb Salad + Dressing
Just in case you are wondering about the difference between a Chef’s Salad and a Cobb Salad, here is what I found in Wikipedia –
A Chef Salad and Cobb Salad both have lettuce, cheese and meats such as bacon, chicken breast, and ham, plus hard boiled eggs. But a Cobb salad usually has a mixture of lettuces, and also has avocado and tomatoes. It was named after Robert Cobb who was the owner of the famous Hollywood Brown Derby and created by his chef in 1937.
This is the Pinterest version I was able to locate. Cobb Salad Dressing.
Classic Cobb Salad
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast or leftover baked ham, chopped
- 3/4 head iceberg lettuce (or salad greens blend)
- 8 grape tomatoes (I chopped up a Roma tomato)
- 1 avocado
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 3 ounces ranch dressing (or blue cheese dressing) OR Cobb Dressing below*
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lay out bacon strips on a foil-lined baking sheet. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until is crispy. Removed from oven and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Heat grill or a skillet over medium-high heat). Cook chicken, flipping once, for about 3-4 minute per side. Make sure chicken reaches 165 degrees F internal temp and is no longer pink. Remove to a plate to rest. (Substitute chopped ham in place of chicken).
- Rinse and dry lettuce, then remove outer leaves and core. Cut into bite-sized pieces and place on a platter or shallow serving bowl.
- Rinse and halve tomatoes. Place on top of the lettuce to one side of the bowl. Slice eggs and place next to the tomatoes in a line. Cut avocado in half, remove from skin and then chop or slice. Add next to eggs.
- Slice or dice chicken and place on salad next to avocado. Crumble bacon and place next to the chicken/ham. Crumble blue cheese and place next to bacon.
- Serve with the ORIGINAL dressing!
Cobb Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup salad oil
- Place all ingredients in a blend and blend together until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Posted on April 18, 2020, in Brunch, Chicken, Pinterest, Salads and tagged avocado, bacon, blue cheese, chicken breast, Cobb dressing, cooked ham, dry mustard, garlic, hard boiled eggs, lemon juice, lettuces, olive oil, pepper, ranch dressing, red wine vinegar, salad oil, salt, sugar, tomatoes, Worcestershire. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.