Throw another steak on the BBQ and make this salad tomorrow! This is what you can do when you have a leftover steak. Black refers to the blackened steak and blue refers to the blue cheese dressing which accompanied the finished salad. (Actually we love putting blue cheese on our steaks along with fresh sage.) So here goes…
Black and Blue Steak Salad
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless cut 3/4-inch-thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups spring mix greens
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles*
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dressing of choice OR blue cheese dressing in lieu of the crumbles*
- Place beef in plastic bag with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Turn steak to coat evenly. Marinate for at least 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Remove beef from marinade. Place beef on grill, on medium heat. Grill, covered, for 7 to 11 minutes. for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove from grill and slice steaks across the grain.
- Add cherry tomatoes to grill for 2-3 minutes or until burst.
- Fill platter or large salad bowl with mixed greens. Top with burst tomatoes, avocado slices, sliced red onion, and blue cheese crumbles. Top with steak and serve with dressing of your choice.