Quite often when I purchase a salmon filet there are little pieces which I cut off and freeze separately to use to make salmon poke, etc. Searching Pinterest for more ideas, I came across this great pasta dish!
Salmon Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-pound salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 5 oz spinach fresh
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 oz penne
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Season salmon fillets with salt.
3. When the oil is hot, add salmon fillets flesh side down (skin side up). Sear for about 4 minutes on medium-high heat.
4. Reduce heat to medium.
5. Flip the salmon fillets to the other side (skin side down). Sear for another 4 or 5 minutes on medium heat until salmon is flaky.
6. Remove salmon from the skillet.
1. To the same, now empty, skillet, add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and minced garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2. Add fresh spinach, and continue cooking and stirring until the spinach wilts, for a couple of minutes.
3. To the skillet with sautéed vegetables, add 1 cup of heavy cream, paprika, red pepper flakes. Bring to simmer. Simmer for about 1 minute, stirring. Season with salt. Add more paprika, if you like.
1. Cook penne according to package instructions. Drain.
1. Add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the cream sauce. Stir in.
2. Remove skin from the salmon by sliding the fork between the salmon fillet and the skin.
3. Slice salmon into large chunks.
4. Add salmon chunks to the creamy pasta. Stir to combine. Simmer for a minute or more, until the salmon is warmed up and cooked through. The salmon should be flaky.
5. Season with salt, if needed.