In the last couple of years,”poke” bowls seem to be cropping up everywhere. Normally it is served with sashimi-grade salmon or tuna (both RAW). We first had these at a local Italian restaurant in the city and came to order it many times. I did find a recipe, where else but Pinterest, but finding the sashimi-grade salmon (raw and safe) proved more difficult until recently. Eureka! It turned out beautifully, well almost…details later.
Ahi Salmon Poke Bowl
- 1 Pound Sashimi-grade salmon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes or pieces
- 1/4 Sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 or 2 thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 English Cucumber, halved and sliced thin
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- Black sesame seeds and sliced scallions for garnish
- Steamed Cauliflower rice for serving OR Basmati rice
1. In a large bowl, combine the tuna or salmon, onion, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, Sriracha, and sesame oil.
2. Serve topped with black sesame seeds, sliced cucumber* , sliced scallions, and sliced radish in bowls with cauliflower or Basmati rice.
Putting the cucumbers in at Step one resulted in a greenish gray cucumber as you can see in the foto.