For those of you trying to avoid regular pastas, “zoodles” are a fun and tasty way to replace them with extra nutrition. Many grocery stores now sell already “zoodled” vegetables, like cucumbers, zucchini and beets! My favourite are the zucchini zoodles, made easier with a proper “spiralizer”.
Zoodle away with this simple dinner or lunch option!
Asian Zucchini Zoodles
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar use honey (I preferred honey)
Preparing the zoodles.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large zucchinis spiralized (yellow and green)
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes to taste
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and brown sugar; set aside.
2. To a large skillet, add 1 teaspoon oil (any type) and onions. Cook onions down for 2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Next, add the sauce to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute then add the spiralized zucchini noodles and cook just for 1-2 minutes or until fully coated with sauce. Add pepper flakes. Serve immediately!