After spiralizing my zucchini, I was ready to prepare the sauce and ready my garnishes. It is a fairly simple cooking process, for which I use my trusty wok. Use less zucchini for two people,but otherwise follow the instructions. A spoonful of real peanut butter isn’t a bad option to the sauce? I am addicted…
Zoodle Pad Thai
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 medium zucchinis (about 10-ounces each), made into zoodles with spiralizer ( I used one larger one for two people)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 green onions, sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Bean sprouts
- Lime wedge
For the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients and set aside until needed.
Heat a wok, or large skillet (preferably with high sides) over medium-heat. Add the oil and garlic, and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
Add the 2 eggs to the pan and lightly scramble for about 30-40 seconds. Add half of the green onions, and peanuts to the skillet, toss for about 30 seconds.
Add the zoodles and the set aside sauce to the skillet. Use tongs to gently toss the zoodles into the sauce to evenly coat all of the zoodles.
Garnish with the remaining uncooked green onions, peanuts, bean sprouts, cilantro and a lime wedge.