If you have a nearby Costco, they usually carry Norwegian smoked salmon (the one with three rows of different smoked salmon). This comes in handy for pizzas, pastas, quiche, etc. You can buy “ponzu” soy, but I prefer making this dressing as shown. In place of the arugula I used baby romaine as a bed for the salmon.
Salmon & Avocado Salad with Japanese Ponzu Dressing
- 8 oz. smoked salmon – thinly sliced
- Large handful of wild arugulas
- 2 avocados – diced
- 1 English cucumber – cut in rounds and halved
Homemade Ponzu Dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice (or a combination)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tsp of chili pepper flakes
1. In a large salad bowl, combine the ingredients for the ponzu dressing, and whisk well.
2. Add in the arugula, avocado, and cucumbers. Give it a good toss. Add in the smoked salmon and lightly toss again. Taste and adjust any seasonings if needed. Enjoy immediately!
2 thoughts on “Salmon and Avocado Salad with Japanese Ponzu Dressing”
Sent from my iPad
Thanks Carol. Probably better with fresh salmon caught and smoked by Gerry…Lol…