What to serve with some beautiful beef filets? Of course, potatoes, but what kind? Since there were no real potatoes in the house, I turned to my fall back potatoes – INSTANT! (I always have a few different kinds of Idaho Instant potatoes in the pantry). For this recipe, I chose the Idaho Baby Reds.
Not wanting to simply whip up according to the package, I found a recipe on Pinterest. (You are NOT surprised.) It was delicious and perfect with the filets and roasted asparagus. So perfect, that I neglected to take a photo…
Loaded Idaho Mashed Potato Mix
- 6 cups prepared mashed potatoes made with butter and milk (or broth)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix unprepared (I substituted Emeril’s Essence)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 6 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 6 green onions thinly sliced (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, sour cream, ranch dressing mix, 1 cup cheese, bacon and onions.
3. Spread into large casserole dish. Bake for 25 minutes or until heated. Remove from oven and sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
4. Return to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese on top is melted.
5. Garnish if desired with extra bacon and green onions.
6. Serves 6-8