By now you know how much we prefer zoodles over pasta. Here is a different take on the zoodles with a great sauce!
Korean BBQ Meatballs with Zoodles
- 2-3 large zucchini (400 g)
- 4 Spring Onions
- 1 large Carrot
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1/2 Small Onion
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 T Soy Sauce
- 1 T Sesame Oil
- 1 T Honey
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Sesame Seeds
- 1 package fresh meatballs*
*Prepare meatballs according to your preference. I made mine in the microwave and then added them to the skillet and it worked well!
1. Wash and prepare vegetables. Spiralize zucchini and set aside. Slice red onion into thin strips. Julienne carrot, roughly chop small onion. For the Spring onion I chopped the white part small and then cut the green portion into 1/2-inch strips. I used about 2 full spring onions and only the white portion of the other two.
2. Prepare a large wok or frying pan add olive oil and heat oil through. Add carrot and onion, let soften and heat through for 3-5 minutes. Add chopped onion, Spring onion, and red pepper cook for another 3 minutes. Add salt to taste while preparing vegetables.
3. Prepare meatballs. IF using frozen you can put them on a plate in the microwave covered with Saran wrap, leaving a corner for the steam to escape. Three minutes should do it as they will cook in the sauce…
4. Add prepared zoodles. In a separate bowl mix all of the dressing ingredients together and then add them to the wok with all of the vegetables together. You want to heat the zoodles
5. Add meatballs to the vegetables and serve immediately.