In consideration of buying an air fryer, we had purchased some chicken drumsticks quite a while back. Discovering that there were still 5 in the freezer, I began a Pinterest search. Thankfully there were quite a few recipes for doing them in a regular oven. (We eventually talked ourselves out of the air fryer (too much electricity here in Mexico). I can happily say that both of us thought these were far superior to the AF recipe! AND, so very easy to prep, too.
Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks (I used 5 but six would have been better than sharing the 5th one)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Add all of the ingredients to a large zip top bag and seal. Smush the chicken around in the bag to coat in the seasoning.
3. Arrange chicken on the baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees.
4. Serve immediately.