This time of year we see many snowbirds returning north and a flurry of activities involving them – thus this post is a little late! At one such dinner, we were served a salad very similar to this one at our friends’ home here. Searching Pinterest, I happened on this one which I think is very comparable to that one with friends. I would add the dressing an hour or so before serving and possibly hold back on some of the feta cheese until plating…NOTE that I always chill my salad plates in the freezer an hour or so before plating.
Watermelon, Tomato and Feta Salad
- 5 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- fresh mint + basil leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp honey
1. Cut up watermelon and tomatoes and add to a large bowl
2. Add fresh mint and basil leaves.
3. Top with crumbled feta cheese.
4. In a small bowl whisk lemon juice and honey. Pour over the salad and serve.