Tired of the same old green salads? No lettuce in the house? Greek salad is the answer – minus lettuce, which is not even normally found in a true Greek salad.
Start with a freshmade dressing, refrigerated while you chop up the salad ingredientes. This is one of our new favorites, for sure! And it looks beautiful as well.
You won’t find a better Greek salad anywhere…
Greek Salad and Dressing for Two
- 1 large clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Measure all ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously until well-blended and emulsified. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if necessary.
(Alternatively, you may whisk the ingredients together in a bowl, process the ingredients in a mini food processor, or blend them together in a blender.) Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator; allow to come to room temperature and shake well before using.
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- ¼ red onion diced
- ½ English seedless cucumber large dice
- ½ red pepper diced
- ½ cup whole black olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl. Toss with dressing and refrigerate 15 minutes.