Great anyday salad, but perfect for a day of NO COOKING, like Saturday or Sunday! And you know we enjoy Thai food whenever we get to our favourite restaurant in nearby Baca. It is a quick and easy salad that even the kids could make if you supervise their cutting! Personally, I used my mandoline.
This salad tasted so good even with regular cucumbers (seeds and all) and I enjoyed it so much that I forgot to get a real picture before it was GONE!
I replaced the red chile pepper with a bit of finely diced red pepper but still used the red pepper flakes for a little heat.
Thai Cucumber Salad
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 red Thai chile pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized or sliced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
1. Combine rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and red Thai chile pepper in a small bowl. Mix well.
2. In another small bowl, combine cucumber, shallots and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
3. Pour liquid mixture over cucumber mixture. Toss until cucumbers are coated well. Place in fridge until ready to serve.