I am sure that I am not alone on Pinterest when I find a great recipe, make it, eat it and FORGET TO TAKE A PHOTO!!! Such is the case with me again. Nevertheless, it turned out great! Trust me!!!
Southern Fried Cabbage
- 6 slices bacon cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds cabbage chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or more to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes optional, to taste
Sauté the bacon in a heavy skillet until crispy.
Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside.
Spoon off all but about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease.
Add the onions to the skillet and sauté until they just begin to become translucent.
Add the cabbage and garlic; sauté, stirring often, for about 10 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and seasoned salt. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until it is as tender as you like and the liquid has mostly evaporated.
Stir in the bacon and serve.