Hopefully, you are still able to get fresh asparagus where you are! This makes a wonderful summer salad side dish and is fairly easy to prepare. We enjoy edit with a great hamburger and potato salad. There’s very little prep involved too. Follow the asparagus directions as shown and do not overcook it.
Asparagus Salad COLD
- 1 large hard-boiled egg (peeled and sliced)
- 1 2/3 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 slices cooked and crumbled center cut bacon (check labels for Whole30)
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (check label for Whole30)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- pinch salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the asparagus and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until tender yet firm. Drain and run under cold water to stop it from cooking further. Setaside OR place asparagus stocks, trimmed, in a microwave dish and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes, Drain!
2. In a small bowl mix the Dijon, oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Arrange the asparagus on a plate, top with egg and bacon and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Enjoy!