How to dress up a can of Campbell’s Tomato Soup for company? This recipe turned out well, but alas, I did not take a photo. You will just have to trust me…LOL
Elevated Campbell’s Tomato Soup
- 1 Cup Fresh Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Dried Bread Cubes (I use the ones meant for stuffing)
- 1 Can Tomato Soup
- 1 Can of Chicken Broth (I pour my chicken broth into the tomato soup can after pouring the tomato soup out.)
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Chopped Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Chopped Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
I recommend using 3 or 4 (depending on size) Ramekins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl toss together bread cubes, 1/3 cup of the shredded cheese, pinch of salt and pepper. Set off to the side.
- In a large bowl whisk together the tomato soup, chicken broth, basil, thyme, and vinegar until smooth.
- Evenly distribute the bread cube mixture among the ramekins or fill the entire bottom of the circular casserole dish you plan on using.
- Next you want to evenly distribute the soup mixture among the ramekins or slowly ladle over the bread cubes in a singular casserole dish.
- Use the rest of the remaining cheese to float on top of the soup mixture, by slowly sprinkling it onto the soup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10minutes, then switch to a low broil and allow to cook until the cheese becomes golden brown and bubbly (about 5 minutes in our oven, but this can happen quickly so watch carefully to be sure).